Перейти до змісту

Канада - волохатий совок

In recent months, stewards of Canada’s Covid 19 response began directing their attention at those intransigent Eastern Europeans who in disproportionate numbers seem incapable of apprehending the manifold benefits of experimental MRNA vaccinations. This past October, thirty-six percent of the staff of Copernicus Lodge in Toronto’s Polish district of Roncesvalles were laid off due to refusal to get vaccinated, a trend across provinces this fall which prompted the University of Toronto’s infectious disease expert Dr. Isaac Bogoch to tweet that “tailored outreach to Eastern Europeans living in Canada would be helpful.”

His patronizing comments, shared mere weeks after Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called unvaccinated Canadians “racists” and “misogynists” on Quebec television, projected a sage and paternalistic concern for a seemingly unwashed segment of the Canadian population, but percolating beneath this veneer of tolerance was the same dark arrogance and authoritarianism that is rearing its ugly head around the globe.

The term “tailored outreach” has become a favourite euphemism for Covid camps, vaccine mandates, travel restrictions, fines, and punitive taxes being planned or already implemented in the world’s once-great democracies, where countless human rights, paid for in blood by heroic ancestors, have been tumbling like dominoes.

A cursory glance at the New York Times Global Vaccination Tracker for January 13, 2022, reveals that the percentage of fully vaccinated citizens in Bulgaria, Ukraine, Romania, Poland, Hungary, Croatia, Czech Republic, and Latvia is 32, 28, 41, 56, 62, 53, 63, and 67 respectively.

Apart from pinpointing for Justin Trudeau where the motherlode of racists and misogynists on the European continent congregate and reassuring his acolytes that Canada, with a vaccination rate hovering around 80%, has a comparatively small cohort of these Neanderthals within its borders, a curious observer might what ask what is it about the thousand years of lived experience in these nations that makes their citizenries reluctant to reflexively endorse their government’s Covid response?

Could Canadians’ blind faith in peace, order and good government, and penchant for compliance and obedience, signal a still youthful nation’s naiveté and weakness, rather than enlightenment? Has the simple fact that the Canadian governments have typically not pulled citizens from their bed into waiting vans in the middle of the night, or crushed protestors in the streets with tanks, or built concentration camps with barb wire for political dissenters, or worse – has this enchanted history made Canadians soft, ill-prepared and oblivious to signs that their leaders may be morphing into tyrants?

In our country, government actuaries, blissfully immune to the possibility that history may pronounce the two-year response to Covid by western governments a cacophony of missteps, miscalculations, and outright malice, have latched on to indigenous, black, and Eastern European Canadians as the scapegoats du jour needed to assuage the anxieties of a compliant and histrionic majority too paralyzed with fear, and mistrustful of their vaunted full vaccination status, to reclaim their lives.

When unvaccinated dark-skinned or heavily accented Slavic Canadians start receiving their tailored outreach from government minders – a ride to a Covid isolation camp, a fine for trying to board a plane to visit a loved, a punitive head tax for Covid-related hospital costs incurred by the vaccinated and unvaccinated alike – each will doubtlessly have a lucid explanation for taking a pass on an experimental Covid vaccine for whose known side effects no sanctimonious politician, bureaucrat or pharmaceutical executive is prepared to assume one iota of liability.

For my part, should the newest generation of odious brown shirts deign to listen, I will take the opportunity to detail my family’s persecution in Nazi-occupied Poland during WWII, and in particular to the quiet but perilous work of sabotage by my Uncle Joe.

When I first met him at his Ealing Common flat in London, England, in June of 1988, his mannerisms making morning toast or preparing afternoon tea had a precision and rhythm likely forged during years working as a meticulous bookkeeper in the municipal office of Wojnicz, Poland, a small village near the family home not far from Krakow. I was not aware until that meeting of the depth of his involvement in the wartime resistance movement. As was common with most partisans after the war, Jozef Zagaja kept details of his former life obscure.

He revealed that while my father Władysłwa’s platoon was blowing up rail lines to stymie train cars supplying Hitler’s invasion to the east and destroying German munitions depots, he spent the days at his desk meticulously reconciling balance sheets, recording taxes, and updating the village’s financial ledgers.

But that wasn’t all he did.

Later in the evening, under the cloak of darkness, Jozef returned to the office to perform the most dangerous clerical work of his young life: forging fraudulent identity documents called the Kennkarta. Creating these cards was a highly subversive act punished by the German invaders with summary execution.

Example of a kennkarta from occupied Poland
Introduced in Germany in 1938, and instituted in Nazi-occupied Poland in June 1941 by German lawyer Hans Frank who headed the new government, the Kennkarta was a thin piece of cardboard paper, measuring twelve inches by six when unfolded. A mandatory identification document under the Third Reich, one’s ethnicity determined the colour of the Kennkarta issued. Poles’ received grey cards, Jews had yellow ones, Russian and Ukrainian cards were blue. Letters on the Kennkarta – Z for Romas – denoted a range of ethnicities. Fingerprinted after receiving them, Poles with a certain parentage and ethnicity were also obligated to declare themselves members of the Aryan race.

By the end of the war, hundreds of thousands of forged Kennkartas were circulating in occupied Poland due to sophisticated forgery operations headed by freedom-loving Poles like my Uncle Joe.

Whether used to create new papers for vulnerable resistance fighters on the Gestapo’s liquidation list, help hunted Jews establish new identities as Polish Catholics, or simply gain access to countless privileges reserved for those collaborating with the new ruling elite, fake identity passports became a powerful tool for helping the oppressed regain a small measure of life, liberty, and dignity in a darkly fallen world.

In a poem found in the appendix of a war journal he kept, my father detailed the heroic actions of a brave young patriot with the pseudonym Krystyna who was captured in October of 1942 during a routine check of identification papers by the Gestapo when attempting to board a train in Krakow. A daring member of my father’s courier cell, she secretly distributed seditious Kennkartas, newspapers, and leaflets from the Home Army’s underground press in Krakow to help lift morale during the occupation.

Shackled in her cell and pressed to reveal her leader, after thirty-eight hours of torture at the hands of her interrogators, in the twentieth year of her life, Krystyna delivered her last breath. Not once during her horrific persecution did she reveal my father’s identity or betray any of the highly sought couriers and counterfeiters in his underground network. With fierce courage, loyalty to her fighters, and unshakable faith in a free nation, she sacrificed her life so my father could live, and my sisters and I, and our children too.

Affirming the primacy of the free exchange of ideas in an open society, trusting observable conduct and speech when making judgments about people instead of assigning retributive guilt to the living for their ancestors’ sins, tenaciously guarding hard-won freedoms of speech, movement and worship even during a pandemic – these ideas framed many discussions around our dinner table. Having witnessed unimaginable violence in his homeland, his deepest hope was that by providing a new beginning for his children on Canadian soil, we would never personally face the heart-rending experiences he carried within him.

For many Canadians of Eastern European heritage, legitimate questions surrounding the origins of the pandemic, vaccine efficacy, side effects, and natural immunity have, like the current array of Health Canada approved experimental inoculations, quickly faded in the face of an alarming assault on civil liberties. They are shocked that an underground press is flourishing to help fired academics and medical professionals pose their questions and share their vaccine concerns.

They are stunned by Justin Trudeau’s dogmatic claims that countenancing unvaccinated citizens to sit down in a coffee shop or restaurant will swell ICUs when data from around the world shows the fully vaccinated are transmitting Covid and visiting emergency wards in ever-increasing numbers.

They watch in horror, as Trudeau, Macron and their ilk, through their venomous demonization of the unvaccinated, become grotesque caricatures of the most vulgar leaders in modern history, strategizing and ruminating, as in a new whimsical parlour game, what new indignity they bestow on the unvaccinated to elicit an even bigger roar from the delirious mob in the coliseum.

Vilified by neighbours, lectured by coworkers, and shamed by the mainstream media in a manner never before experienced since making this country home, countless Canadians of Eastern European descent watch in dismay as the fabric of the country they love is irreparably torn.

Like canaries in the proverbial coal mine, attuned to ordeals much more perilous than those facing the world today, they retain a firm conviction that Canadians possess the character to craft a response to the Covid 19 outbreak without destroying their nation’s soul.

In recent months, stewards of Canada’s Covid 19 response began directing their attention at those intransigent Eastern Europeans who in disproportionate numbers seem incapable of apprehending the manifold benefits of experimental MRNA vaccinations. This past October, thirty-six percent of the staff of Copernicus Lodge in Toronto’s Polish district of Roncesvalles were laid off due to refusal to get vaccinated, a trend across provinces this fall which prompted the University of Toronto’s infectious disease expert Dr. Isaac Bogoch to tweet that “tailored outreach to Eastern Europeans living in Canada would be helpful.”

His patronizing comments, shared mere weeks after Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called unvaccinated Canadians “racists” and “misogynists” on Quebec television, projected a sage and paternalistic concern for a seemingly unwashed segment of the Canadian population, but percolating beneath this veneer of tolerance was the same dark arrogance and authoritarianism that is rearing its ugly head around the globe.

The term “tailored outreach” has become a favourite euphemism for Covid camps, vaccine mandates, travel restrictions, fines, and punitive taxes being planned or already implemented in the world’s once-great democracies, where countless human rights, paid for in blood by heroic ancestors, have been tumbling like dominoes.

A cursory glance at the New York Times Global Vaccination Tracker for January 13, 2022, reveals that the percentage of fully vaccinated citizens in Bulgaria, Ukraine, Romania, Poland, Hungary, Croatia, Czech Republic, and Latvia is 32, 28, 41, 56, 62, 53, 63, and 67 respectively.

Apart from pinpointing for Justin Trudeau where the motherlode of racists and misogynists on the European continent congregate and reassuring his acolytes that Canada, with a vaccination rate hovering around 80%, has a comparatively small cohort of these Neanderthals within its borders, a curious observer might what ask what is it about the thousand years of lived experience in these nations that makes their citizenries reluctant to reflexively endorse their government’s Covid response?

Could Canadians’ blind faith in peace, order and good government, and penchant for compliance and obedience, signal a still youthful nation’s naiveté and weakness, rather than enlightenment? Has the simple fact that the Canadian governments have typically not pulled citizens from their bed into waiting vans in the middle of the night, or crushed protestors in the streets with tanks, or built concentration camps with barb wire for political dissenters, or worse – has this enchanted history made Canadians soft, ill-prepared and oblivious to signs that their leaders may be morphing into tyrants?

In our country, government actuaries, blissfully immune to the possibility that history may pronounce the two-year response to Covid by western governments a cacophony of missteps, miscalculations, and outright malice, have latched on to indigenous, black, and Eastern European Canadians as the scapegoats du jour needed to assuage the anxieties of a compliant and histrionic majority too paralyzed with fear, and mistrustful of their vaunted full vaccination status, to reclaim their lives.

When unvaccinated dark-skinned or heavily accented Slavic Canadians start receiving their tailored outreach from government minders – a ride to a Covid isolation camp, a fine for trying to board a plane to visit a loved, a punitive head tax for Covid-related hospital costs incurred by the vaccinated and unvaccinated alike – each will doubtlessly have a lucid explanation for taking a pass on an experimental Covid vaccine for whose known side effects no sanctimonious politician, bureaucrat or pharmaceutical executive is prepared to assume one iota of liability.

For my part, should the newest generation of odious brown shirts deign to listen, I will take the opportunity to detail my family’s persecution in Nazi-occupied Poland during WWII, and in particular to the quiet but perilous work of sabotage by my Uncle Joe.

When I first met him at his Ealing Common flat in London, England, in June of 1988, his mannerisms making morning toast or preparing afternoon tea had a precision and rhythm likely forged during years working as a meticulous bookkeeper in the municipal office of Wojnicz, Poland, a small village near the family home not far from Krakow. I was not aware until that meeting of the depth of his involvement in the wartime resistance movement. As was common with most partisans after the war, Jozef Zagaja kept details of his former life obscure.

He revealed that while my father Władysłwa’s platoon was blowing up rail lines to stymie train cars supplying Hitler’s invasion to the east and destroying German munitions depots, he spent the days at his desk meticulously reconciling balance sheets, recording taxes, and updating the village’s financial ledgers.

But that wasn’t all he did.

Later in the evening, under the cloak of darkness, Jozef returned to the office to perform the most dangerous clerical work of his young life: forging fraudulent identity documents called the Kennkarta. Creating these cards was a highly subversive act punished by the German invaders with summary execution.

Example of a kennkarta from occupied Poland

Introduced in Germany in 1938, and instituted in Nazi-occupied Poland in June 1941 by German lawyer Hans Frank who headed the new government, the Kennkarta was a thin piece of cardboard paper, measuring twelve inches by six when unfolded. A mandatory identification document under the Third Reich, one’s ethnicity determined the colour of the Kennkarta issued. Poles’ received grey cards, Jews had yellow ones, Russian and Ukrainian cards were blue. Letters on the Kennkarta – Z for Romas – denoted a range of ethnicities. Fingerprinted after receiving them, Poles with a certain parentage and ethnicity were also obligated to declare themselves members of the Aryan race.

By the end of the war, hundreds of thousands of forged Kennkartas were circulating in occupied Poland due to sophisticated forgery operations headed by freedom-loving Poles like my Uncle Joe.

Whether used to create new papers for vulnerable resistance fighters on the Gestapo’s liquidation list, help hunted Jews establish new identities as Polish Catholics, or simply gain access to countless privileges reserved for those collaborating with the new ruling elite, fake identity passports became a powerful tool for helping the oppressed regain a small measure of life, liberty, and dignity in a darkly fallen world.

In a poem found in the appendix of a war journal he kept, my father detailed the heroic actions of a brave young patriot with the pseudonym Krystyna who was captured in October of 1942 during a routine check of identification papers by the Gestapo when attempting to board a train in Krakow. A daring member of my father’s courier cell, she secretly distributed seditious Kennkartas, newspapers, and leaflets from the Home Army’s underground press in Krakow to help lift morale during the occupation.

Shackled in her cell and pressed to reveal her leader, after thirty-eight hours of torture at the hands of her interrogators, in the twentieth year of her life, Krystyna delivered her last breath. Not once during her horrific persecution did she reveal my father’s identity or betray any of the highly sought couriers and counterfeiters in his underground network. With fierce courage, loyalty to her fighters, and unshakable faith in a free nation, she sacrificed her life so my father could live, and my sisters and I, and our children too.

Affirming the primacy of the free exchange of ideas in an open society, trusting observable conduct and speech when making judgments about people instead of assigning retributive guilt to the living for their ancestors’ sins, tenaciously guarding hard-won freedoms of speech, movement and worship even during a pandemic – these ideas framed many discussions around our dinner table. Having witnessed unimaginable violence in his homeland, his deepest hope was that by providing a new beginning for his children on Canadian soil, we would never personally face the heart-rending experiences he carried within him.

For many Canadians of Eastern European heritage, legitimate questions surrounding the origins of the pandemic, vaccine efficacy, side effects, and natural immunity have, like the current array of Health Canada approved experimental inoculations, quickly faded in the face of an alarming assault on civil liberties. They are shocked that an underground press is flourishing to help fired academics and medical professionals pose their questions and share their vaccine concerns.

They are stunned by Justin Trudeau’s dogmatic claims that countenancing unvaccinated citizens to sit down in a coffee shop or restaurant will swell ICUs when data from around the world shows the fully vaccinated are transmitting Covid and visiting emergency wards in ever-increasing numbers.

They watch in horror, as Trudeau, Macron and their ilk, through their venomous demonization of the unvaccinated, become grotesque caricatures of the most vulgar leaders in modern history, strategizing and ruminating, as in a new whimsical parlour game, what new indignity they bestow on the unvaccinated to elicit an even bigger roar from the delirious mob in the coliseum.

Vilified by neighbours, lectured by coworkers, and shamed by the mainstream media in a manner never before experienced since making this country home, countless Canadians of Eastern European descent watch in dismay as the fabric of the country they love is irreparably torn.

Like canaries in the proverbial coal mine, attuned to ordeals much more perilous than those facing the world today, they retain a firm conviction that Canadians possess the character to craft a response to the Covid 19 outbreak without destroying their nation’s soul.

Для кого це простирадло англійською? Невже Ви думаєте, що хтось з читачів форуму, окрім мешканців США-Канади стане читати ламаний гугл переклад цього тексту? Зробити вижимку кількома реченнями українською в лом?

Складається враження, що Уаполітікс перетворився на форум невеликої кількості української діаспори.

Всі ці простирадла без перекладу, посилання на суто американські-англійські інтернет ЗМІ, які вимагають підписку взагалі без коментарів, про що там...

Навіщо це все?

в Україні живе повно людей, які розуміють англійську, чи в школі вже не викладають іноземні мови на рівні читати-перекладати?

У мене в школі вчителя з 7 класу по 11 не було, наприклад. Я англійську не знав взагалі.

Моєї англійської стає, щоб прочитати інструкцію, яекісь специфічні ІТшні документації читала. Ну, деколи в словник підглядала. Політичні статті, а тим більше розмовну мову - не осилю. Тому простиню англійською на два екрани без коментаря українською - просто пролистую. Як і більшість форумчан, що мешкає в Україні, думаю.

• Upvote 2

жах! і ніхто не заміняв!?

Та заміни були звісно, але ж мову ті хто заміняв не знали. Щоправда у атестат усім поставили 4 і 4.

Я до 22 років інгліш взагалі не спікав ніяк.

Тому простиню англійською на два екрани без коментаря українською - просто пролистую.

Як я пости том кет, бугага! Змінено користувачем Ho ma

На ган форумі канадському  зараз тема чи варто боротись за кращу Канаду бо у всіх передчуття занепаду 

Так от одна з відповідей з якою я абсолютно згідний

Canada hates ME. I live in Alberta. I’m a straight white male. I have savings. I have guns. I value free speech. I have opinions of my own. I paid my house off. I like cars and racing them. I have natural immunity to covid and see no reason to risk a vaccine. I believe in freedom of movement. I think property rights are important. I might as well be Satan in the Canada of 2022. I used to like hunting, fishing, dirt biking but everywhere I enjoyed doing those things got closed down, or they got too complicated to be worth while. I can’t even eat in a f@cking restaurant. None of these things is going in the direction I like. What’s left to fight for? My Canada has been slowly dying my whole life.

Змінено користувачем coolzak

Джастін Кастро щось взяв не ту ноту.

Як би не вирішив замутити якусь провокацію щоб все розігнати з переляку.Бо тоді все може бути цікаво.Народ накручуються що піпець

В нас тракери і фермери повністю заблокували кордон.кілька тисяч вже .Сьогодні копи попробували арештовувати то приїхало ще пару тисяч і блокада вже на кілометри .Фак Трюдо і вакцинові сертифікати

Вимога одна- повна відміна всіх ковідних обмежень.

• Upvote 1

Вчера ходили к тракерам с собакой. Денег отнесли. Те кормили Поппи пончиками. Среди тракеров - полный интернационал: поляки, мормоны из Манитобы, франкоязычные арабы. Либералы даже не начинают свой любимый вой про меньшинства и прочее. Им тут же ссаных тряпок насуют.

Вчера утром ехал стрелять на север. Навстречу ехала колонна на митинг в даунтаун. Пацаны с хайвея съезжали. Бампер в бампер. Картинка в галерее

ничем в короткой перспективе. но очень много сомневающихся однозначно настроились против либералов и Трюдо. Как для подготовки к новім віборам - єто хорошо.

К тому же куча провинций соббираются глядя на протесты отменять ограничения. 

В принципе это то с чего протесты начались. Плюс консолидация и укрепления протестного электората. Трюдо до сих пор прячется, чем убивает свои шансы как среди упоротых сторонников так и среди умеренных

Еще офисному планктону показали, кто на самом деле может в случае чего поставить страну вверх ногами и лишить их хлебушка с маслом, потому что у высокооплачиваемого человеческого балласта, что сидит по офисам и бумажки перекладывает возникло устойчивое заблуждение что все встране строится, ремонтируется, привозится само собой и это они  - в стране главные, а тракеры, уборщики, продавцы и трейд контракторы с фермерами  это грязный мусор под ногами. Ну вот пусть суки теперь боятся и вздрагивают по ночам от тракерских гудков.

Так что наверное и нельзя сказать что это все ни чем не закончится. А война на самом деле разгорается. Мэр Оттавы приказал перекрыть доставку топлива тракерам. Полицейские блокируют доступы к заправкам. Торонто вообще парализовали перекрыв главные улицы и закрыв главную ветку метро под предлогом ремонта и это все на фоне спрятавшегося с охраной Трюдо.

• Створити...