Перейти до змісту

Пятнечьное

ЦеDzip

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Остання відповідь

Top Posters In This Topic

Еще одна попытка пересечь Атлантику на яхте!

42 дюймовой  :weep:  :tu:

SAIL1-GOPR0428_67249612_177861092_696126

Matt Kent, age 33, turned back just 24 hours into his first attempt to sail across the Atlantic aboard the "stern-faced" tub Undaunted. Ryan Langley takes a close-up look at this tiny little ocean-crossing capsule.

Just 24 hours into his first attempt to sail solo across the Atlantic in Undaunted, his 42-inch yacht, Matt Kent had to turn back.

He set off from La Gomera in the Canary Islands on 6 April, but returned after concerns about his boat’s seaworthiness.

He explains: “I wasn’t really in too much danger, [but] there was a weak point in the boat that was concerning me. The emergency floatation system component that was on the rudder assembly was getting hammered so hard in these really close together waves. The float was getting jammed upwards so fast and so often the boat’s movement couldn’t keep up.

“It was the worst, most unpredictable and erratic conditions I have ever sailed in with that boat. When it started gusting 45 knots I decided that I shouldn’t keep going with such an obvious weak link.”

Kent estimated his crossing time at some three months, so Undaunted cannot be fixed in time to avoid the hurricane season this year. He therefore plans to postpone his next attempt until the autumn.

He still hopes to set a record for the smallest boat ever to cross the Atlantic. “Both of the guys that held this record had to wait months or even years as setbacks took their toll.”

Змінено користувачем Ц2Д4М5
  • Upvote 1

не-е-е-етушки, развелось туд манипуляторов рейтингами...  8-)

банить до нестямы - шесть раз в день на четыре чяса каждый! 

пойду церемониально совершу ширехари. На четыре часа. 

• Створити...